Hello,
I want to use JNDIRealm wothout Rolesearch. In my LDAP-Directory no roles
are set and I didn't set any roles in my web.xml.
The Catalina log shows that the Realm authenticates Username and Password
correct, although Access denied! I don't know why.

This are the Entries in the log-file:

2002-06-18 17:44:43 JNDIRealm[Standalone]: Username schmutz2 successfully
authenticated
2002-06-18 17:44:43 JNDIRealm[Standalone]:
getRoles(uid=schmutz2,o=PIRONET,c=DE)

I searched the source code of JNDIRealm and this way seems to be
implemented:

        // Are we configured to do role searches?
        ArrayList list = new ArrayList();
        if ((roleFormat == null) || (roleName == null))
            return (list);

So I think it must authenticate, but Access denies.

Can anybody help me please