Hi Eddie,
Have you tried accessing Tomcat directly and not going through Apache? I
was having too much trouble using mod_webapp together with Apache and
Tomcat due to that form-based authentication didn't work through Apache
but it did directly with Tomcat.

Maybe we should all use mod_jk instead. Is anybody running it on Mac OS
X BTW?

Markus