From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2002 10:08 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Tomcat 4 performance issues - Trying Tomcat 4.1.3 Beta

Howdy,
I know you already solved the problem (was userid).

As an aside, it's a bad idea to unpack 3rd party jars.  You probably
want to rename classes12.zip to classes12.jar so tomcat will pick it up.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:240)
>       at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
>       at
>org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Applic
atio
>nFilterChain.java:247)
>       at
>org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFil
terC
>hain.java:193)
>       at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperVal
ve.j
>ava:260)
>       at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.
invo
>keNext(StandardPipeline.java:646)
>       at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:
483)
> [...]
.jav
>a:174)
>       at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.
invo
>keNext(StandardPipeline.java:646)
>       at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:
483)
>       at
>org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
>       at
>org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223)
>       at
>org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:4
05)
>       at
>org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process
Conn
>ection(Http11Protocol.java:376)
>       at
>org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:5
08)
>       at
>org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPoo
l.ja
>va:518)
>

>root cause
>
>java.lang.NullPointerException
>       at java.util.Hashtable.put(Hashtable.java:375)
>       at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(Unknown
> [...]
483)
>       at
>org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
>       at
>org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223)
>       at
>org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:4
05)
>       at
>org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process
Conn
>ection(Http11Protocol.java:376)
>       at
>org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:5
08)
>       at
>org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPoo

After