I'm unable to use setProperty with any of my beans with tomcat, it worked
under jserv so I know my beans have the correct mutators.

<jsp:useBean id="conn" class="wiBeans.ConnectionBean" scope="session" />
    <jsp:setProperty name="conn" property="username" />
    <jsp:setProperty name="conn" property="password" />

generates this error message:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Can't find a method to write property
'username' in a bean of type 'wiBeans.ConnectionBean'

but in my ConnectionBean class I have the method:
public void setUsername(String str) {
    username = str;
}

the ConnectionBean.class file is placed in
webapps/wi/WEB-INF/classes/wiBeans

this error is really annoying and have been bugging me for a few days now, I
would really appreciate any ideas to what I might be doing wrong.