On Thu, 4 Jul 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 15:02:41 +0200
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: can't run tomcat from the jwsdp??
>
> I've installed the JWSDP which contains a version of tomcat4. when I launch
> startup.bat, it doesn't run tomcat.
> I've installed tomcat from Apache before without problem. What's the
> difference between JWSDP version and Apache version??

The Tomcat code in JWSDP is roughly equivalent to the 4.1.2 release from a
while back, but the installer is customized, and Tomcat is run in the
background on a Windows machine (i.e. no visible DOS window).

It's not possible to give you much help without more details about what
"it doesn't run tomcat" means.  There are also forums on the Java
Developer Connection web site where specific questions about JWSDP
installation can be addressed -- for example:

  http://forum.java.sun.com/forum.jsp?forum=331

> thanks
> jean-christophe

Craig