From: Paul landolt [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, July 08, 2002 11:19 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Tomcat 4.0.3 and relative path includes.

Hello All. I am a New poster, so I hope I'm following proper protocol.

I am having trouble with relative path @includes in Tomcat 4.0.3.  An
include from the same directory is fine, as is an include from a
sub-directory, like so:

<%@include file="inc.jsp"%>
<%@include file="test2/inc.jsp"%>

However, trying to include from a higher directory generates a JSP
compile error. The JSP code:

    <%@include file="../inc.jsp"%>

generates the following error message:

    org.apache.jasper.compiler.CompileException:
/testdir/test2/index.jsp(5,0) File "../inc.jsp" not found

(There's lots more to the dump, but I didn't think it was pertinent. And
yes, the file IS there)

So, here are my questions:

1) Is this a known issue? Have other people encountered this?
2) Is this a bug or a Spec feature? If a bug is there a bug report
pending on this?
3) Is there a viable workaround for this?
4) Is there a mechanism in JSP to determine the current directory (and
therefor build up an absolute path)?

Thanks

    ...Paul