Title: Custom Tag caching bug in 4.1.6, 4.1.7

Hi there

I've noticed some strange custom tag behaviour in 4.1.6 and 4.1.7.

I have a JSP page that uses Struts Form tags (1.0.2). The Struts tags name the rendered HTML form according to the associated Form Bean name. I have two Form tags on one page, each linked to a distinct Form Bean, each with a unique name.

On 4.0.4, and more recently 4.1.3, these rendered correctly as two <form> elements, each with a different name. Since 4.1.6, I notice this page no longer renders correctly, instead now I get two form elements both named with name of the first Form Bean. This causes some Javascript I have the page to break.

In other words, it seems as if an attribute value might be incorrectly cached between the two custom tags. Does anyone else have similar experiences, perhaps with non-Struts custom tags?

Rory Douglas
Sun Chemical Corporation
(201) 224-4600 x133