From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2002 10:43 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Virtual Hosts Question

I was actually trying to do this.

<VirtualHost lindos.mapinfo.com:8080>
    ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    DocumentRoot "F:/apache1.3.26/Apache/htdocs/manual"
    ServerName lindos.mapinfo.com
    ErrorLog logs/error8080.log
    CustomLog logs/access8080.log common
Include "F:/tomcat4.0.3/conf/apache_mod_jk.conf"
</VirtualHost>

The wanted them on different ports because the "site name" is going to be
the same for all my applications, and they're going to be running behind a
load balancing box, that will hide the ports.

What do you think about running two separate version of Apache, one for the
3.2.1 stuff and one for the 4.0.3 stuff?

Is it possible to set up two on the same machine, I've never attempted it
before.

Thanks for your help.

                    "Turner, John"

                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]       To:     "'Tomcat Users List'"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    om>                  cc:

                                         Subject:     RE: Virtual Hosts
Question
                    07/10/2002

                    10:33 AM

                    Please respond

                    to "Tomcat

                    Users List"

You can put the mount directives for both mod_jserv and mod_jk into
apache's
VirtualHost containers...their shouldn't be any need to put them on
different ports.  Something like this:

<VirtualHost www.site1.com>
AppJServMount /someURL ajpv12://someURL:someTomcat_3.2.1_Port/someURL
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost www.site2.com>
JkMount /someURL ajp13
</VirtualHost>