Hi,
I am also struggling with ConnectionPool
at the moment. I have an Informix DB to connect to.

> It works if I use this:
> org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource ds=
>          (org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource)
> envCtx.lookup("jdbc/ospreyDb");
>
> Any ideas? Thanks a lot in advance!
How is your configuration of the DS in your server.xml?
Did you define a factory for your DataSource,
i.e.
<parameter>
  <name>factory</name>
  <value>com.informix.jdbcx.IfxDataSourceFactory</value>
</parameter>

for DBCP the value is probably

Then you can probaly do without defining
> org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource ds
and using DataSource ds instead.

Hope that helps,
Cheers
Holger

Holger Maier      Tel.:  (06831) 47-3497
ITS-AKIS          eMail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

AG der Dillinger Hüttenwerke
Postfach 1580
66748 Dillingen