From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, July 15, 2002 7:22 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Help on Tomcat 4.0.4 configuration

Hello Murugan

I ahve installed tomcat 4.0.4 and it is running fine here:
All you need to set is JAVA_HOME and CATALINA_HOME.
You need not worry about any of the other files like setenv.bat or
startup.bat or catalina.bat.
Actually if you  want you can edit catalina.bat which contains you
classpath settings.
and add your own class path as:

set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\bootstrap.jar; ........(place
your classes here)....;
Tomcat automatically sets the classpath depending on your autoexec.bat file
set classpath
when it is run for the first time. It also includes all the jar files from
%TOMCAT_HOME%\common\lib.

So you neednot worry about the classpath. Either edit autoexec.bat or edit
catalina.bat.
No need to do anything with web.xml
tell me in case of any probs.

Nishant Awasthi
Corporate Systems Database Intern
Progressive Insurance
Phone: 440-603-4055 (Work)
Cell: 330-328-0243 (Cell)

                    "Telesis

                    Support -             To:     "Tomcat Users List"

                    Bangalore"            <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                    <tel_bbubng@in        cc:     (bcc: Nishant Awasthi)

                    fosys.com>            Subject:     Help  on Tomcat 4.0.4
configuration

                    07/15/2002

                    08:03 AM

                    Please respond

                    to "Tomcat

                    Users List"

Hi all,

  Can anyone tell me the steps for tomcat 4.0.4 configuration.
  I have set the JAVA_HOME and CATALINA_HOME and start the tomcat.
  but, for tomcat 3.3.1, i had set classpath in tomcat.bat file..
  I have the doubt about classpath for tomcat 4.0.4. Can u please come with
the steps for tomcat 4.0.4 configuration, including web.xml..
 there is also one more web.xml in conf folder, it seems, it is for global
things.. little bit confusion.
Till now, i couldn't get any jsp page, even in the examples jsp page not
working.
If anyone succeed in the tomcat 4.0.4 configuration, please let me know..

bye,
Murugan

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For additional commands, e-mail: <