Hi,

System:- Win2k, J2SE 1.4.0, Tomcat 4.1.7

Summary:- Admin tool rewrites the "" context to "/" (but it does look nice
;)

I manually changed the server.xml file to use a different base directory
(C:\Projects\my_project\web), and it works fine.  The context looks like
this:

        <Context className="org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext"
cachingAllowed="true"
charsetMapperClass="org.apache.catalina.util.CharsetMapper" cookies="true"
crossContext="false" debug="9" displayName="My Project"
docBase="C:\Projects\my_project\web"
mapperClass="org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextMapper" path=""
privileged="false" reloadable="true" useNaming="true"
wrapperClass="org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper">
        </Context>

When I mess around a bit in the /admin context, and then save, it seems to
change the path="" to path="", and suddenly I start getting "/index.jsp"
cannot be found style errors.

Questions:
        Should I use path="" or path="/"?
        Has anyone else seen this?
        Is my understanding of the system behaviour wrong?

Daniel Leong
nettec plc
Malt House
25-29 High Street
Kingston Upon Thames
Surrey KT1 1LL
Email:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Tel:    (020) 7744 4551
Fax:    (020) 8255 4006
Web:   <http://www.nettec.net>

Disclaimer

This message and/or any attached documents may contain Privileged and
Confidential Information and should only be read by those persons to whom
this message is addressed.
Other than where expressly stated to the contrary, the contents of this
message and/or of any attached document(s) are not intended to be relied
upon by any person without subsequent express written confirmation to that
effect.
Nettec plc disclaim all responsibility and accept no liability (including
liability for negligence) for the consequences for any person acting, or
refraining from acting, on the information contained in this
E-mail or in the attached document (s) before receiving such written
confirmation.
If you have received this E-mail message in error, please notify the
sender immediately by telephone. Please also delete the message from your
computer.
Any form of unauthorised reproduction, publication, distribution,
disclosure, and/or modification of this E-mail message and/or its contents
is strictly prohibited.
<http://www.nettec.net>