Who do most people run Tomcat as?  Because I am working on a development
system, I can run Tomcat as root, but when I go to production I am sure
that will cause problems.  I am running under Solaris.

I also wonder how you make sure Tomcat is completed started before
starting apache.  I know on my development box ( Dual 360Mhz with 1 gig
of memory) Tomcat takes 15 minutes to start.  If tomcat has to be
started first, then just putting a startup script in rc2.d for tomcat
and rc3.d for Apache doesn't work.

Right now I have a startup script to start tomcat automatically, then
start apache manually.  Obviously in a production environment that isn't
going to work.