- Do you run behind a connector or stand alone ?

- Have you tried to see if the headers are even sent ?
  Just telnet to your http port and requst the page manually.

  <cr>=enter

- Do you set the header as early as possible ?
  Tomcat 3.* might have a different buffer behaviour than 4.0
  so that the response has already been sent to the client.