On Monday, July 22, 2002, 6:56:19 PM, Short, Dave wrote:

SD> Does anyone have Apache 2.0.39 and Tomcat 4.1.7b working on W2K?
SD> Am I the only one who can't get these two to work together?  It
SD> shouldn't be this hard, should it?

    I'm trying all the same but with 4.0.4 of Tomcat and can't seem to
    get it work just right yet either. I have it working fine under
    localhost but that's about it. If anyone could shed light on the
    question below I'd much appreciate it. Also, is anyone as
    frustrated as I am with the poor documentation from jakarta??? I
    just don't get it..you have two great open source products and yet
    nothing explaining how the latest versions fit together. I just
    don't get it. I know the documentation is the last to come from
    open source stuff but this is very frustrating.

    Question:

Thanks if someone can help...

I'm having trouble getting Apache(2.0.39) to recognize Tomcat(4.0.4)
applications using port 7000. In my Apache httpd.conf file I have set:

Listen 7000

and also have the servername set
:
ServerName afs.obs.outback.com

Everything works fine when just dealing on the actual machine that
Apache and Tomcat is on using localhost. In other words

http://localhost:7000/ --- brings up Apache main page

http://localhost:7000/myTomcatAppName/index.jsp  --- serves up the
jsp struts application no problem

However when I try to access
http://afs.obs.outback.com:7000/myTomcatAppName/index.jsp  I get an
Apache 404 url does not exist error
(going straight to  Tomcat does work however
http://afs.obs.outback.com:8080/myTomcatAppName/index.jsp )

Please someone help..this is driving me nuts:) Thanks

For setting up Tomcat to work with Apache I followed the instructions
at this link:
http://mpcon.org/temp/how2install_apache_w_php_jsp_support.doc

--

Rick