Hi,

I'm  trying  to get Tomcat 4 running with Apache 1.3 on Linux (RedHat 7.3).
I      have      followed     the     configuration     instructions     at
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/config/ajp.html         and
http://www.galatea.com/flashguides/apache-tomcat-4-unix.xml  on  how  to do
this.   From  what  I  can  tell,  tomcat  is  running  correctly  with the
modifications  I  have made (no errors on restart).  However, when I try to
restart  Apache  (or  use  apachectl configtest), I get the following error
message:

Syntax error on line 1260 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
Invalid  command  'JkMount', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not
included in the server configuration

Line 1260 of httpd.conf is the fifth line of the following:

<VirtualHost 137.48.138.201>
    ServerName bioinformatics.ist.unomaha.edu
    ServerAlias bioinformatics.unomaha.edu
    DocumentRoot "/bioinformatics/webapps"
    JkMount /*.jsp ajp13
    JkMount /servlet/* ajp13
    DirectoryIndex index.jsp index.html
</VirtualHost>

I  have  no  idea how to fix this as "JkMount" is indeed spelled correctly.
Any help in resolving this would be greatly appreciated.

Another         question,         if         you         have         time.
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/config/ajp.html   indicates
that  you  need  to  load  the  mod_jk  module  in http.conf using both the
LoadModule and AddModule directives; e.g.,
LoadModule jk_module libexec/mod_jk.so
AddModule mod_jk.c

When  I  try  to  restart  Apache,  this  gives me a warning (someone about
mod_jk.c  already being loaded) which goes away when I remove the AddModule
line.  Is just having LoadModule sufficient?

Mark

Mark A. Pauley
College of Information Science & Technology, UNO
Omaha, NE 68182-0116
e-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
phone:  (402) 554-4954  fax:  (402) 554-3284