From: Peter B. West [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 10:55 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: More mod_jk/tomcat integration

I have seen a number of questions about this in recent postings in the
archive, so I am in good company.

I am installing tomcat 4.0.4 with apache-1.3.23-11 rpms from redhat on a
redhat 7.3 system.  I had previously installed a beta version of 3.3
with the then-current apache, and I had the transfer of control from
apache to tomcat via an ajp13 connector working.  That was a while ago.

Some questions:
Is mod_webapp.so available in any of the rpms?  If not, should I just
remove references to it in server.xml and go with the ajp13 connector?
What about mod_jk.so?  It came with an earlier tomcat3.3 rpm.  Is a
current version still available in rpm?

Why does the documentation refere to libexec/mod_*.so in a number of
places?  There is no libexec directory anywhere in my installation of
apache.  Neither is there a modules directory, but that doesn't stop the
httpd.conf file referring to "modules/mod_*.so".  Are both "modules" and
"libexec" translated in the bowels of apache?  Should I replace all
doumentation references to libexec/mod_*.so for unix systems with
modules/mod_*.so?

One of the references to libexec/mod_jk.so is in the section on "Using
ApacheConfig" inthe AJP config page.  The modJk attribute to the
Listener element within the Host element is said to have this default.
modJk (and , I think workersConfig) is on the apache side of the
equation, isn't it?  Yet modJk and workersConfig (default
"conf/jk/workers.properties") are supposedly referenced relative to
CATALINA_HOME by default.  This doesn't seem to make sense.  What is the
rationale for this?

Peter
--
Peter B. West  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://powerup.com.au/~pbwest