We have an application that requires an input form to be processed by some jsp code
from within jakarta tomcat (4.0.3) running on NT4 SP6.  We require version control for
these input forms.  Consequently, we are attempting to use runtime.exec() to executed
cvs commands from cvsnt (current version).

A problem we ran into is that when tomcat was run as a service, we are got an error
from tomcat that it could not connect to named pipe..  The same cvs command run
outside of tomcat worked fine.  Other dos commands could be executed from within
tomcat.

However, when we stopped the tomcat service and started it as a stand-alone
application, this problem disappeared and the cvs command lines were executed properly.

Allen

Allen R. Gordon, Ph.D.
Senior Software Engineer
CableLabs®