From: Chua Eng Huang, Cecil [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 9:02 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: REPOST: Document.importNode not working-works fine in modified JSDK2.1

This is probably it.  However, I have dumped every jar file into webapps\examples\WEB-INF\lib,
which according to my understanding of the various docs is where you're supposed to put all your own JAR files.

>Also, what are these "special" JARs? Tomcat is a J2EE servlet container, but it does not contain all the components of >the "easy download" J2SDK EE. So, look in the JAR files and see if the "org.w2c.dom" package is there... it may not be (I >forget). If that's the case, then you are compiling with a classpath that does not match the runtime classpath. This is >common with Tomcat, unless you want to point your compile classpath to $TOMCAT_HOME/server/lib/ for the JARs. >A lot of people use the J2EE.jar for simplicity, but then must remember to compare the run-time packages when a problem >occurs.

The code does compile fine (otherwise I wouldn't be getting a crash by Tomcat itself.  I'd get it from the compiler).

Cecil Chua