From: Chen, Dean (Zhun) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 10:29 AM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: passing environment variables to Tomcat

Hi,
I'm using Tomcat 4.0.3, we need to pass an environment variable to Tomcat.
In essence, we are trying to define the environment variable, i.e.: DEV, QA,
PROD, etc.

Currently, we do this by modifying the catalina.sh and add this to the
runtime command
-Dweb.env="$WEB_ENV" \

However, can this be done by modifying the server.xml instead? I don't
believe we will have write access to catalina.sh in the future.

Thanks,

Dean

<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For additional commands, e-mail: