Ralph,
in my web.xml is nothing but this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application
2.2//EN" "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_2.dtd";>
<web-app id="WebApp">
        <display-name>KamAdminWeb</display-name>
        <welcome-file-list>
                <welcome-file>index.html</welcome-file>
                <welcome-file>index.htm</welcome-file>
                <welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
                <welcome-file>default.html</welcome-file>
                <welcome-file>default.htm</welcome-file>
                <welcome-file>default.jsp</welcome-file>
        </welcome-file-list>
</web-app>

Could you please tell me how to insert what you recommended. I tried to
do it but it didn't work. So I'll try again.
Thank you,

Nick