hi ralph,

thanks for your quick reply.

with classpath i mean somewhere in the package of my
web application (context). this would match the first
path you pointed out in your answer
(webapps/{Context}/WEB-INF/classes/com/foo/My.properties).

actually i have no special reason i choose getSystemResource
instead of getSystemResourceAsStream. what whould be the
benefit of doing do (maybe buffering related aspects?)?