From: "Shapira, Yoav" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2002 6:11 AM
Subject: RE: Context.getResource( ) problem

Hi Faisal,
It may have been just me, but I got four copies of your message.  Please
post only once.

As to your question: the technical cause for the exception is obvious ;)
You can't form a URL to a java.io.ByteArrayInputStream.  My guess is
something (the TemplateServlet?  Is that your servlet or a JBoss one?
If it's yours, you'll need to post its code so we can help more) is
trying to de-serialize your xml file, while something else is trying to
read that same XML file through a URL.

I've never seen a URLMappingsXmlDAO error in tomcat before ;)  Is it a
JBoss internal thing?  If so, the JBoss forums might be a better place
to post this question.

It may also help if you could change the layout pattern for the log file
so that you see the class and method where the exceptions occur.  Add %m
%n to your layout pattern if using log4j...

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics