From: "Shapira, Yoav" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: MaxProcesses in Server.xml
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 15:34:08 -0400

Hi,
You will always have some variance in your responses.  It's never going
to be exactly 10sec for all requests.  This variance is due to network
issues, I/O, a bit of thread contention and locking, etc.  It's up to
you to decide what variance is acceptable, and profile your application
to ensure that with the desired number of users (peak, average,
simultaneous peak, whatever criterion is the proper one for you) the
application responds within the acceptable variance.

As an aside, how are you measuring this respond time?

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics