Jacob Kjome wrote:

>Can someone comment on this?  I'd really like to know if I can digest
>the passwords that I use for my configuration in the Server.xml for
>DBCP Datasources.  Is it possible?  If not, is it planned?
>
>Jake

I will leave it to one of the developers to comment on what may be
planned; but I do not think that what you want to do -- protect the
uid/pwd data in the config file is currently supported.  It looks to me
as though the JDBC Datasource provided in Tomcat 4 uses exactly what you
have in server.xml to connect to the database.  Hashing would add no
value here, since the hash would be visible in the config file.

If what you really want to do is to protect the uid/pwd info in the
file, you need to encrypt (not hash) these data and then create your own
resource factory that decrypts before attempting the database connection.

I am also curious about what may be in the works here.  Are there any
plans to support a "crypto-enabled" version of the commons digester to
allow entire config files to be encrypted?

Phil Steitz