Ok, but what I mean by access rights are a set of very custom
permissions (existing in a database table) givent to different roles
asigned to users of my web app, is that also handled by filters?

Also, at this point I my servlet does receive requests (let's say
/login) and checks if the users (in this case by providing an id in the
url) is trying to log in into a valid "company" in the web app, and if
so, I use a forward to a jsp that actually shows the login form and
let's them log in. I'm not sure if you meant I was not going to be able
to serve anyghing from my servlet, but i do.

I'm I all confused then? I'm sorry if i sound too newbie... I am tho :/