hi all,

I'm currently working on Apache 2.0.39 <-> tomcat-4.1.8 with mod_jk2 and jdk1.4.0_01.
I've posted previously about apache giving a directory listing instead of returning
index.jsp.  The only way I've been able to get around this problem is editing the
workers2.properties file to include a mapping to the whole webapp...

- workers2.properties (snippet) -------------------------------------------
[uri:/diary/*]
info=Map the whole webapp

I have an alias and directory in httpd.conf set up as follows....

- httpd.conf (snippet) ----------------------------------------------------
##
## diary webapp
##
Alias /diary "C:/apps/Tomcat/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.8-LE-jdk14/webapps/diary"

<Directory "C:/apps/Tomcat/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.8-LE-jdk14/webapps/diary">
    Options FollowSymLinks MultiViews IncludesNoExec
    AddOutputFilter Includes html htm gif jpeg jpg
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

The question I have is, because of mapping the whole webapp in the workers2.properties
file, will that basically override apache serving static content?  I assuming it would
 but I don't have the time to go digging around in the connector's source.

thanks,
<mike/>