Hello Tomcaters:

can anyone tell me why a JSP that works when dynamically compiled
would generate a blank page when statically compiled using jspc?
the jsp class file is generated via the ant task listed below and packaged
into a .war file. everything appears to build okay and yet when i hit the
page  nothing is returned. i know that the class file is  hit because the
return status is "200" and i see my debug statements
  on stderr.

the only differences between the statically and dynamically generated files
are the packages, e.g. org.apache.jsp vs. com.secretseal.... and the class
name, e.g. foobar vs foobar$jsp.  i suspect that the problem has to do with
different runtime support for the two versions, e.g. for some reason the text
generated by the statically compiled version is being directed to the bit
bucket.

suggestions as to how to resolve this problem are greatly appreciated.

sincerely,

eric gilbertson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]