This one really belongs in an FAQ.

Section 11.1 bullet 3 of the servlet-2.3 spec states that:
<spec-quote>
If the last segment in the URL path contains an extension (e.g. .jsp), the
servlet
container will try to match a servlet that handles requests for the
extension.
An extension is defined as the part of the last segment after the last '.'
character.
</spec-quote>

In particular, it is not possible to have "extra path" information on a JSP
page (unless you declare it to be prefixed-mapped in your web.xml).

009301c244dc$6b688120$74c1f80c@abner">news:009301c244dc$6b688120$74c1f80c@abner...