From: Andrew Conrad [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, August 18, 2002 12:43 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: Tomcat - IP binding for multiple web apps

Modify your Http/1.1 Connector and add an address attribute to specify
which IP address to listen on.  By default, the Connector listens on ALL
IP addresses.

<Connector class="org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpConnector"
address="127.0.0.1" />

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/config/http11.html

>From what I can tell, you can't define a webapp (defined as a Context in
the server.xml) as running on a specific address.  What you can do is
use multiple Host entries to define Hosts that pick up different DNS
Names.

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/config/host.html

<Host name="www.site1.com" >
        <Context path="/webapp1" docBase="webapp1" />
</Host>

<Host name="www.site2.com" >
        <Context path="/webapp2" docBase="webapp2" />
</Host>

- Andrew