Steve,

At 14:04 2002-08-18, Jacob Hookom wrote:
> [...]

In your mail, Steve, you wrote "JAVA-HOME". Make sure you're using "JAVA_HOME".

>Note, if you already have a console window open, you will need to close
>it and open a new one to get the updated system variable (I don't know
>why, it just does).

In both Unix and Windows (at least NT, 2K and XP), each process carries
it's own environment internally. A newly created process "inherits" its
initial environment from the process that created it at the time it is
crated. After that, changes in the system-wide or parent process's
environment do not affect that of any already running process--only that
process itself can change its environment.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA

>| I know that I have
>| set it in the "System" applet correctly!! I am using Win XP. Oh, and one
>| more thing: Is there any new version of tomcat beyond v. 4.0.4?

Only development releases. This is made clear (and kept up-to-date) on the
Tomcat home page <http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/index.html>.