On Tue, 20 Aug 2002, Navdeep Singh wrote:

> Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 00:50:49 -0400
> From: Navdeep Singh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: How to change the package definition from org.apache.jsp to
>     something else ?
>
> Hi,
> I have noticed that the default package structure in my servlet source files
>(compiled from JSPs) is org.apache.jsp.
> But the .java and .class files are generated in /work/localhost/_/ directory.  How
>can i
>
> 1. Force my compiled .java and .class file to go in /work/org/apache/jsp ?
> or

You cannot do this.  The JSP specification specifically says that the page
compiler can do whatever it wants in terms of package names, and there is
no guarantee that the generated source file will be placed *anywhere*, let
alone where you think it should be placed.

> 2. Make .java files to include the right package in .java files (which is
>/work/locahost/_/)?

As long as the JSP page compiler can compile these sources (and Tomcat
can), it should not matter to you where they are placed.

> thanks
> Rob

Craig