It is the JDBC-ODBC stuff. Unless there is NO OTHER POSSIBLE WAY to
connect to your database, do not ever use the JDBC-ODBC bridge except to
convert your data to another format.

It looks from the error that you are using M$ SQL Server. M$ has jdbc
drivers for SQL2000, but not for earlier versions - there are open
source ones though.

If you are not constrained to use SQL Server, get MySQL (it is free) and
convert your data. M$ products (in general) are not very
"java-friendly".

Larry

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 08/20/02 06:26 AM >>>
Hi

I am currently running Tomcat 4.0.4 Server on a
Windows 2000 Server (v5.0.2195) with MS SQL
Server 2000 (v8.00.194) and J2SDK 1.4.0. I am also
using JDBC-ODBC bridge to access the database. After
conducting a few tests on my application, I notice
that sometimes Tomcat crashes. When I check the
server, the Tomcat console is missing. I receive the
following log file as shown belo

Can anyone help me with this problem

Thanks
Kingston Sew

An unexpected exception has been detected in native
code outside the VM.
Unexpected Signal : EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
occurred at PC=0x41166ABA
Function=SQLGetData+0x15
Library=C:\WINNT\System32\SQLSRV32.dll