From: Turner, John [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2002 6:49 AM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: OFF-TOPIC: Pointers to CallableStatement docs?

Thanks, but I'm not getting any Java-related error messages.  The Java code
just blows right on through, as everything keys off of the return status,
which is always "false" or "negative".  This is because the stored procedure
never executes, and according to the debug log printed by the driver, it's
parameter related...that is, whatever I am doing with set*() and
registerOutParameter() doesn't match up with what the procedure is
expecting.

That's my question...can anyone point me to a resource that shows how to
call real-world stored procedures correctly with CallableStatement?  By
"real-world" I don't mean rudimentary "take two numbers and add them
together" or "get a row from a table" procedures, I can already do that.
I'm looking for a more advanced tutorial, something that shows how to have
inputs, outputs, in/outputs, and a return status, all at once.  It must be
possible, I just can't figure it out, and can't find any resources that
explain how to do it.  We have VB DLLs calling these procedures in
production, so I know the procedures work, at least in conjunction with VB.

John Turner