I've never heard of service.properties.

wrapper.properties is used to configure your environment when running as a
service for tc 3.x. You really shouldn't rely on the classpath for running
tomcat. Put all your libraries in one of tomcat's directories(see docs).

what are you trying to do? If you are just trying to make tc 4.x a service,
download and install the exe(not the zip) and you have the option.

Charlie