I have connection pooling set up on Tomcat. In my server.xml file I
have added to the ResourceParams:

 <parameter>
  <name>validationQuery</name>
  <value>SELECT 'CRAP' FROM DUAL</value>
 </parameter>

The connection pooling seems to work fine, UNLESS the connections are
manually killed (which are DBA ends up doing each morning for some
reason when she comes ..just because she hates some of us:). When the
connections are killed no one is able to do anything because the
following error comes up:

java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01012: not logged on

Is there some way I can get this pooling to still work even if the
connections are manually killed? I thought by adding the
validationQuery param this would fix the problem, but it didn't.

Thanks for any help.

--

Rick
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]