On Wed, 28 Aug 2002, Turner, John wrote:

> Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 14:17:49 -0400
> From: "Turner, John" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: 'Tomcat Users List' <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: RE: tomcat conn pooling question
>

> How does the admin app know what query to generate?  The query it generated
> would have to have valid column names and table names.  I guess it could
> just create "select foo from bar", but that doesn't seem any more helpful
> than an empty string.

The admin app does *not* generate the query -- you have to type in a query
that makes sense for your application.

The bug referenced in this mail thread is that if you *don't* specify a
query, the admin app should not pass a zero-length string to the
connection pool -- it should simply not initialize that property.

Craig