I tried using the reload command but get the same results..   Using the
list command shows me all current web applications running
here is a list

OK - Listed applications for virtual host localhost
/HelloWorld:running:0
/manager:running:0
/examples:running:0
/tomcat-docs:running:0
/webdav:running:0
/test:running:0
/:running:0

test will only give me a directory listing for the empty test directory
I have in webapps.  please help