Hello!

I am using Container Based Security with the Tomcat 4.1.9 beta.
Current I have Form based Authentication configured.

I'd like to allow the user to authenticate before he tries to access a
resource that is protected by security contraints in web.xml.

==> Is it possible for a Servlet/JSP to force authentication for a user
(maybe by calling a method)?

I'd also like to offer a 'Logout' button to the user.

==> Is it possible to remove the authentication other than telling the user
to close the browser?

Thanks,

Andreas