I don't think Tomcat outputs much to stdout directly.
Is there particular output you are looking capture
that isn't being written to the "tc_log"?

If not, you could assing the "tc_log" to a file?  In the
absence of a "path" on the <LogSetter>, I think the output
goes to stderr.

The syntax applies to logging done by Tomcat's internal
logger classes.  It wouldn't apply to stdout being
sent directly to a file.

Cheers,
Larry