On Saturday, September 7, 2002, 10:15:04 AM, Nikola Milutinovic wrote:

NM> Andrew Conrad wrote:

>> You might get more responses if you post it to
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

   I posted my question there. Not a very active list. Only received
   like 3 e-mails over the past two days. Of course no answer to my
   question:)

NM> If anyone gets an answer to this question, could it be circulated here, as well?
NM> Most of us would like to know. A "DB server rebooting" scenario is not all that
NM> impossible. And if it happens on Saturday night, who's gonna fix it and when,
NM> unles the pool automagically re-connects?

    Exactly. The problem is compounded more when your DBA doesn't have
    a clue about the Tomcat server running on a different box, so if
    even the DBA is called in to make sure the database is all up and
    ok, it would be nice of any pooling would take care of itself
    without having to restart the Tomcat server.

--

Rick

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]