Sorry if this has been answered, but I couldn't find anything searching.  It
might be in older archives, as my issue is with Tomcat 3.2.3.

I'm trying to get JSP pre-compilation to work, but have the following
problem.  (The example is using a one page webapp,
$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/jspcdemo/some.jsp).

How do I get the same mangled name for the .java and .class files from
jspc.sh as that produced by Tomcat when it compiles JSP's on-the-fly?

When Tomcat compiles, it generates for
 $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/jspcdemo/some.jsp, the following files:
   _0002fsome_0002ejspsome.class
   _0002fsome_0002ejspsome_jsp_0.java
in the $TOMCAT_HOME/work/localhost_8080%2Fjspcdemo/ directory.

If I use jspc.sh, it produces 'some.java'.  If I use javac to compile this
to 'some.class', then copy these two files to the same /work directory,
Tomcat still does it's own compile when the page is hit.

If I put my pre-compiled .class file under
  $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/jspcdemo/WEB-INF/classes
and use the web.xml file produced by jspc, then it works, but no log entries
are written to jasper.log file.  Why?  Also, this would require a seperate
servlet-mapping for each url.  Is this true?  For a large webapp with a
large number of jsp's, this means a long web.xml file.

Any comments are appreciated!