I think that you are out of luck with 3.2.x.

With 3.3.1 and 4.1.10 you can use PureTLS (http://www.rtfm.com/puretls).
(With 4.0.4, you need to use the CoyoteConnector plugin to enable it).  I've
heard good reports about using it with client-certs, but haven't tried it
myself.

Unfortunately, the documentation is still a little weak. :(  The best place
is the 3.3.1 documentation
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.3-doc/tomcat-ssl-howto.html. The
translation to the 4.x CoyoteConnector is pretty straight-forward (the SSL
attributes are on the Factory), but AFAIK, nobody has actually written it up
yet.