Hmm, how did you get a jasper directory under the tomcat root ?
I checked my tomcat installation in Win2K & I didn't see anything like
this.
Your /common/lib seems to have a lot more than the standard libraries that
shipped with it, I 've got :
            a) activation.jar
            b) jdbc2_0-stdex.jar
            c) jndi.jar
            d) jta-spec1_0_1.jar
            e) mail.jar
            f) naming-common.jar
            g) naming-resource.jar
            h) servlet.jar
            i) tools.jar
            j) tyrex.license
            k) tyrex-0.9.7.0.jar
            l) xerces.jar

How did dom.jar , xalan.jar, mysql.jar end up there ?
Generally if you wish to use any other jar(s) you put them in {webapps
root} /WEB-INF/lib .