From: Koes, Derrick [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 3:09 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: tomcat 4.0.4 and oracle

If I run tomcat from the Windows command prompt using startup.bat, I get:

Exception during startup processing

        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorI

java:39)

        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodA

sorImpl.java:25)

        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:243)

Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no ocijdbc9 in java.library.path

However, if I run from the start menu I don't have this problem.

I gather that somewhere an oracle library is not being loaded, but I'm not
sure how to fix this.

I have put classes12.jar in the common/lib because I'm using Oracle for
authentication.

Other than that, everything is default.

Can anyone help?