<snip>
> Please post the contents of your workers.properties file.
>
> This error seems to indicate that your apache machine cannot establish a
> connection to the tomcat machine.  You are running apache and tomcat on
> different machines, correct?
Correct, I am running them on different machines.
Attached hereto the workers.properties in /usr/local/tomcat4/conf/jk
# BEGIN workers.properties
# arthur borrowed this from johnturner.com/howto with john's permission...
# Setup for apache system
#
# this is CATALINA_HOME
workers.tomcat_home=/usr/local/tomcat4
#
# this is JAVA_HOME
workers.java_home=/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.0_02
#
ps=/
worker.list=ajp12, ajp13
#
# Definition for Ajp13 worker
#
worker.ajp13.port=8009
# the host name must match exactly the apache ServerName and Host name in server.xml
worker.ajp13.host=cacophonix
#
worker.ajp13.type=ajp13
#