Yes I have.

Assuming your table looks like this:

id int auto_increment not null,
bla varchar(128),
blabla varchar(128)

My insert would be:
INSERT INTO tablename VALUES(\N,"blablabla","blablabla")

The \N or NULL creates the auto_increment stuff. It can then be retrieved
like this:

org.gjt.mm.mysql.Statement stmt =
(org.gjt.mm.mysql.Statement)con.createStatement();
count = stmt.executeUpdate("INSERT INTO tablename
VALUES(NULL,'blablabla','blablabla')");
last_id = (int)stmt.getLastInsertID();
String str_last_id = "" + last_id;

/Christopher