It's a issue with Tomcat ( any version if i recall well ), tomcat does a
redirection to the welcome pages, and your acelerator is sending the req
uest to tc and iis withoput the correct scheme, when tomcat trie to do a
redirect for the welcome page i does not have any way to get to know
that the redirection   should be with https instead of http..

a Solution could be to use a static page for welcome file served
directly from IIs not tomcat, IIS doesnot redirect for welcome files,
does the equivalent to a jsp:forward..

In anycase with your setup, you couldnt do any redirect from tomcat nor
from IIS..

Saludos ,
Ignacio J. Ortega