I used something like this and it works; here is  an example where I used
it:
                        <form target="rbottom" action="detailairkitbeans.jsp">
                                <input type="hidden" name="countnode"
value="<%=countnode%>">
                                <input type="submit" name="sub" value="get more info">
                                </form>
But I have not used  <FORM ENCTYPE="multipart/form-data" actually.
Rob