I am not sure about the process of offering patches &
workarounds, but anyway, according to
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/news.html#0924.1 the
latest patch is actually only a disabling of the
Invoker servlet.  However some people with old code
that who are relying on the Invoker servlet and cannot
disable it w/o breaking their site are still exposed.

I have posted my own custom hack to solve this
problem, and it can be found here
http://www.jguru.com/forums/view.jsp?EID=1004251

Someone please gently correct me with any mistakes I
have made, I'm just trying to be helpful here.