Need some help.

I am trying to use
<Store className="org.apache.catalina.session.JDBCStore"
driverName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
connectionURL="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/tomcatsessions?user=username;password=password"

etc. in my <Context> of a WebApp under Tomcat 4.0.1

JDBCStore can not connect to my MySQL-Database with this connectionUrl.
I get '@localhost' access denied. It seems like the URL above will not
work with user/password. I had the same Problem with <Realm> but there
is a "ConnectionName" and "ConnectionPassword". This works fine with
<Realm>. Why is the usage of the connnection attributes different in <Store>?

Does anybody know why this URL is not working?

Thanks, Yves